Domestic violence

Find out about services for people experiencing violence or abuse.

Women's Aid South Lanarkshire and East Renfrewshire (WASLER) is a domestic abuse service who aim to support and empower women, children and young people experiencing (or have experienced) domestic abuse.

We know that making contact with us can be daunting. However, they aim to support and listen to all women by offering a helpline and drop in service. You can phone or come to speak to us in person to discuss your situation and the options available to you. They offer:

  • a refuge where you can live free from abuse and have time and space to recover
  • outreach services where we can support you if you wish to remain in your home or in other temporary accommodation
  • meetings in a safe place
  • services for children and young people

Abused men in Scotland (AMIS) 

AMIS is Scotland's leading charity for men who experience domestic abuse. 

Visit the AMIS website.

Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP)

If you want to speak to a social worker for advice and to discuss what supports can be provided locally you can get in touch with our Initial Contact team

Alternatively, you can contact the Social Work Request for Assistance team

Your local health service can also offer advice and support and put you in touch with relevant services or you can contact Women's Aid South Lanarkshire directly.

How to report domestic abuse

If you've been the victim or a witness to domestic abuse contact the police. In an emergency always phone 999.

Last modified on 16 February 2024