Help with hearing problems

How to request an assessment for help with hearing problems.

What's available?

There's a range of equipment to help you if you've hearing problems, including flashing light doorbells, deaf friendly smoke alarms or listening aids for your TV and telephone, which will help you in day to day life. 

We can also advise you on communication support services, benefit entitlement, counselling support and other organisations that'll support you, your family and friends.

Eligibility criteria

You can request an assessment if you're an East Renfrewshire resident and are deaf or hard of hearing.

How to request an assessment

Get in touch with our Initial Contact team.

A health professional may visit you at home to discuss your needs and identify support equipment that'll help you remain independent within your own home.

Help with costs

Where we have assessed you as requiring support we'll either provide equipment to you on loan free of charge or advise you where to buy it.

Support with costs may also be available from external organisations such as charities.

Last modified on 2 June 2021