Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).

Housing services

Private renting

Information on how to find privately rented housing including advice and support for existing private tenants.

Local estate agents

Search Yell for local estate agents in East Renfrewshire

Home search websites

We don't recommend any particular website, landlord or estate agent. These websites are for information only.


You may have to pay a deposit before you move in. This is usually 1 or 2 month's rent in advance.

If you're having problems getting a deposit you may qualify for help from the Citizen Advice Bureau (CAB).

The CAB manages the East Renfrewshire Rent Deposit Scheme. We can refer you to the CAB if you're homeless or struggling to raise a deposit.

Help with rent 

You might qualify for Housing Benefit to help with your rent, even if you're working. 

The amount you'll get depends on your income and savings. The Local Housing Allowance sets the maximum benefit you can get for a private rental.


Phone: 0141 577 3573



Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)