Council house tenants

Information for council house tenants.

We'll soon be launching a new online system for Housing Services. To help shape the features of this, we're looking for feedback on how you manage your rent account. Complete our survey.

Changing your council tenancy

Find out how to tell us about different changes to your council tenancy.

Council house home improvements

You can decorate your council home but you need to apply for permission to make major changes.

Council house rent charges

Find out council house rent charges for 2020 to 2021.

Gas servicing and safety

As your landlord, by law, we need to carry out a gas safety check every year. This is make to make sure your appliances are safe and working.

Home emergencies

Get emergency phone numbers and find out how to deal with home emergencies if you're a council tenant.

How tenants can get involved

Get involved and have your say in decisions about your housing services.

How to end your council tenancy

You must complete a termination tenancy form to end your tenancy agreement.

Pay your council house rent

Pay online and other ways to pay your council house rent.

Report a housing repair

Report emergency and non-emergency housing repairs.

Universal Credit and paying your rent on time

If you claim Universal Credit, any housing costs will be included in your payment. You'll be responsible for paying rent to your landlord. Find out what you can do pay your rent on time.